Thursday, February 23, 2012

2/23/2012 Now or Never

    Today was the day; we performed our flash mob for everyone to see. It was a little nerve wracking before hand: was the music going to work, would it be loud enough, would everyone remember the dance. In the end, all the worrying was for nothing. The performance went off without a hitch. Before we started the performance we arrived at the REC at different times and worked out so we didn't look suspicious. Having some activity to do made me less nervous but still anxious. Finally I heard our song come over the sound system. It was strange at first to think that I had to run out there and join the random group of dancers in the middle of the basketball court. When I got out there though, it was just like when we practiced. It was fun and I didn't care how silly we looked. After we were done we went back to the library to debrief.
   What I learned this week is that if you dream it you can do it. With a little bit of work you can make something that you can be proud of. I didn't know at the beginning of the semester that we would be able to pull this off. There were moments when I thought we might not come to decisions. There were also times when I thought someone might just walk out of the room and give up. My classmates surprised me in our ability to come together to make this work. I will be able to use this experience in my professional life as an example of our ability to come together and work as a team. Even with many different personalities we were able to compromise. Today I learned that it's great to go out there and show everyone what I have worked hard to do and be proud of it. This week I strived for excellence by leaving it all on the floor. It was a great time and I have no regrets. I'm interested to see what the rest of the semester has in store.
    Here's the final product, enjoy! http://youtu.be/0GS9FIr282Y

No comments:

Post a Comment